Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So time in this class has actually flown by! I have about 6 more days left to get this game done!!!!! I don't know if I can get it perfect and exactly how I had it planned out months ago on my paper prototype. I have to work on some more graphics and such and then get the coding so I can get everything finished. I need to keep working from where I am, at the airplane scene. Then I can do research on my spare time and take notes, so that I'll be able to get the guidebook filled out and get all the facts put into it correctly. Once I get the research and the graphics done, I just have to find some other coding, or I can look at this folder I have saved of some simple coding. I've managed to keep the complexity of the coding for my game at a minimum. I've actually learned a good bit about coding. The main code I need is for drag and drop and disappear. I've got the coding for buttons almost down pat, to the point that I can pull it out of thin air, because of how much I've been using that coding in my game and along with the demo.

2 comments:

  1. Trust me, don't worry about the game being "perfect", but its always good to strive for perfection. Secondly, It's always a good idea to keep the coding simple, but I've had trouble doing that when the actions just seem to stack up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes to finish an extraordinary project, extra-ordinary efforts are needed. Good for you to be putting in all this beyond-class effort.

    ReplyDelete